What This Article Covers
- What Are The Honest Software Company Ratings?
- How the Honest Software Company Ratings are Different
- Our Work in Rating Software Vendors
What Are the Honest Vendor Ratings?
- The software company is one of the most important factors in the risk profile of any implementation.
- Companies like Gartner rate software vendor (s), but they primary use size to differentiate the software vendor in their ratings. This will lead to the inaccurate conclusions because while large vendors have more “scope” there is much more to support, to application quality, and to other quality metrics than simply a vendor’s size. It tells you really nothing about the important factors such as whether the software vendor has extractive sales practices. Whether you can expect to be audited by the software vendor. How good the implementation staff of the software vendor rates, etc..
- Gartner takes money from software vendors, and it makes the most money from the largest software vendors. This results in a strong bias against smaller software vendors, which are evident from their rankings.
- The honest software company rating provides the long-term history of the software vendor list that is covered by this website.
Our Honest Vendor Ratings provides realistic ratings that actually impact how well the typical company will be able to derive value from the software vendor.
How Honest Software Company Ratings is Different
Honest Software Company Ratings looks at the vendor from more vantage points and provides the types of details on vendors that we have never seen at any other site that publishes this type of information. See for yourself in the links below.
Our Work in Rating Software Vendors
Our software vendor ratings are offered for free. However, we provide more details on a consulting basis. This can be quite helpful for software selection as well as for vendor management.
- We can provide this remote consulting to any company worldwide.
- Our rates are quite reasonable and can keep you away from a problematic software company that can end up consuming a lot of money and other resources like time.
For more information fill out the form at the end of this page.
How to Figure Out How to Effectively User Gartner
Whether you are a software buyer, a large or small vendor, or are wondering how Gartner can help you make better investment decisions, this book will give you new insights to Gartner’s research. By studying the methodology behind such popular analytical tools like the Magic Quadrant, you will understand how a vendor earned its rating and whether or not the ratings are justified!
Understanding Gartner, It’s History, and It’s Incentives
Starting with the history of Gartner and how it compares to other IT analyst firms, this book gives a realistic assessment of the value of Gartner research to a company and provides ideas about other resources that could complement Gartner’s analysis. You will also have the tools to level the playing field between large, medium and small vendors when using Gartner’s analysis in selecting software.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: An Overview of Gartner
- Chapter 3: How Gartner Makes Money
- Chapter 4: Comparing Gartner to Consumer Reports, the RAND Corporation, and Academic Research
- Chapter 5: The Magic Quadrant
- Chapter 6: Other Analytical Products Offered by Gartner
- Chapter 7: Gartner’s Future and Cloud Computing
- Chapter 8: Adjusting the Magic Quadrant
- Chapter 9: Is Gartner Worth the Investment?
- Chapter 10: Conclusion
- Appendix a: How to Use Independent Consultants for Software Selection
- Appendix b: What Does the History of Media Tell Us About This Topic
- Appendix c: Disclosure Statements and Code of Ethics