SCM Focus Blog
Welcome to SCM Focus
- SCM Focus performs independent analysis and research on a wide variety of supply chain planning software and IT decision making topics. We have over a 1200 articles in our portal on supply chain planning and IT implementation topics.
- Many of the articles are quite detailed and cover anything from supply chain planning in SAP APO configuration to forecasting to how to manage consulting companies and how to see through vendor marketing hyperbole.
- We provide enterprise software decision support. This is based on original research in the areas of ERP management, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Risk Management, Project Estimation, Managing Gartner and Software Selection. The methodologies for which are explained in our IT decision making series of books.
- Our research is original and we tackle issues that no other media outlet or research entity will cover. This makes us controversial, but our clients and readers always get the straight story. We are beholden to no one and accept no advertising or other influence.
- Find out about becoming a client and leveraging our innovative research for improved IT decisions.
Our Focus on IT Implementation
Our articles are written by those with experience in IT implementation who work with the software that they cover. We are one of the sites to describe the bad as well as the good to IT implementations. Readers can always expect the straight story from SCM Focus articles. We can do this because we both take no advertising and we are not paid by vendors. This is all described in our Writing Rules.
We provide behind the scenes information on everything from how IT implementation companies operate to undermine IT implementation success, to the analysis of subcontractor agreements. The articles are focused on practical implement-ability. They must pass editorial standards regarding accuracy, level of detail covered, clarity and realism. Your can read more on this topic at About Us.
Getting Started: The Two Ways to Access the Articles on the Site
There are two options for how to navigate to the articles.
- Blog Listing: Select a specific blog from our extensive Blog Listing which categorizes the articles by topic. We currently have 20 topic areas.
- Portal Site Search: Use the Google enabled search box below to search the entire SCM Focus blog archive. This same site-wide search also exists on each page within the blog in the upper right hand corner.